Monday, September 10, 2012

Cloth Diapering Updated

 Months into cloth diapering. I feel like I have this down, my confidence has grown. The things I have learned are enormous. I have found a wonderful blend of cloth and disposable that works great for my family.
 I am a self-declared part time clother. Part time because I don't have enough diapers to have some while my covers are air-drying. Part time because, sometimes I feel over whelmed. Part time because when we go out for the day I don't want to always carry used diapers. Cloth at home and on the 5 hour or less outings are best for us. Why? Because cloth diapering doesn't have to be an all or nothing. Anytime you use cloth vs. disposable you are bettering the environment.

 Things I wish I knew when I first started:
  1) You don't have to buy expensive detergents. I use All free and clear, no problems on the diapers or my wallet.
 2) Never underestimated the amount of diapers you will need. Expect 12+ a day for the first 2 months then down to 10 a day and as follows. As you are finding your grove, you will make mistakes resulting in leaks.
3) Cost doesn't always mean better quality.
4) Bio-degradable liners LIFESAVER!!!

  The biggest thing I have decided is that I LOVE the Go Green Pocket Diapers. If I could do over I would only have these. I find myself grabbing these more so then others in my collection. They are a one size pocket diaper. You can find more info here.

Reasons the are awesome;

1) They are NOT bunchy, very fitted. The bigger Alex gets the better they fit.

2) They are amazingly waterproof. We have only had the rare leak at night when I forgot to double stuff.

3) Adorable prints!

4) One size fits all.

5) Easy to use, easy to launder.

  I want to add, anyone that lives close enough to me and wants to come check out my cloth diapers are more then welcome to, just message me. I wish I had had the opportunity to visually see how they worked before buying them.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you've found a balance that works perfectly for your family. I keep hearing great things about Go Green Pocket Diapers, but I have yet to try them myself. It sounds like they're a great fit for Alex!

    ReplyDelete