Saturday, January 29, 2011

Unsure

Once again here I am unsure of my next step. With Kindergarten round up right around the corner. I'm wondering if my son is ready. I "know" I can to an evaluation, but it's really difficult to be objective when it's your own child. I understand they can complete a readiness evaluation at the schools to see if he is ready for kindergarten, but I hate their system. Why you ask? Because judged against EVERY kid in Colorado I know my son would look good. I already go back and forth with them about his speech, they say he's fine he doesn't score low enough to receive help. He would have to score below a 7th percent before he qualifies. I don't see the sense in waiting until he falls that far behind to help him. Similar with the school. I'm feeling he would have to score so low to be considered not ready. Yet, what they consider ready in my mind would not be so. So here I am on another journey to try and find a place or a person who can do an academic and developmental evaluation, that's not associated with the schools.

Why is it every time you questions how things are done, or seek further information, you feel as if you get written of as "one of those moms". I really don't want to be difficult, I just want the best for my child.

1 comment:

  1. Sending hugs your way ... these decisions have to be so difficult, but regardless of what you do it's clear that you will be there with your son every step of the way, and if one path doesn't work out for him, you'll help find something that does. So whatever you decide, he'll do great because he is supported!

    ReplyDelete