Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Food: Back to the Basics

Upon the arrival of Alex and having to re balance my time, I have reverted back to quick and easy meals. Some not so healthy, then I realized duh, we don't need fancy food or junk food, just the basics. So I began and am continuing to re vamp our dietary menu.

1) I make a veggie and a fruit tray at the beginning of every week and refill as needed. Using the trays with lids, this makes eating healthy easier and more convenient, the premade slots also give me a desire for variety. Using tips such as soaking apple slices in lemon juice to prevent browning, have made it successful.

2) It's all to easy to get caught up in consumerism and buy all that pre packaged yumminess, I have begun planning 2 desserts a week, brownies,cake,cookies, pie and making them homemade. It's healthier,cheaper and yummier.

3) Learning more isn't necessarily better, having less choices but varying them week to week. Such as toast/eggs, cereal, fresh fruit as breakfast choices one week and then, poppy seed muffins, oatmeal, waffles the next.

4) We have and are in the process of drastically cutting the amount of meat in our diet. Yes I am aware of the health concerns and am varying our diet accordingly. it's gotten very expensive and not very healthy with the red slime, preservatives, antibiotics and so forth.

I will post more as we venture further down this road, any and all tips are welcome :)

1 comment:

  1. Really I could give you loads of tips, I need to write up some stuff for you, I know my blog is slacking but I have so much more to share!!

    ReplyDelete