Saturday, March 31, 2012

Overload

Let me paint a picture.

We have a Huge family. My kids have 3 sets of grandparents, 6 sets of aunts and uncles, and 14 cousins that live in a 25 mile radius. There are even more that we talk to weekly that live further away.

Whenever holidays or birthdays come around, my kids are VERY blessed. Now 5 years after my first, I am overwhelmed!!!

Flirting with the idea of minimalism. I am starting to believe less is more. I am suddenly taking inventory of everything around myself and growing disgusted at how much we have, when so many in the world have nothing. All the clutter, that is everywhere. Do we really need all this stuff?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I can empathize. We're trying to declutter and organize for a move, and it has me thinking that a house fire, so long as we weren't home at the time, wouldn't be the most devastating thing in the world. I hope you can find peace with whatever level of minimalism seems realistic in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The answer is no, we do not need all this stuff! I have begun to embrace minimalism. In hopes that someday I will be where I plan to be as far as consumption, waste, and well you get it, check this blog out it's a great eye opener: http://zerowastehome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete