Friday, October 29, 2010

Kitchen Floor

Sorry for not blogging sooner, this week has been chaotic in the least. Chris left last Friday to go Elk hunting, the kids and I were managing just fine without him. We missed him, but we were keeping our fingers crossed that he would get something. On Sunday night I left to go to the store, it had been really cold all day and seeing how our dogs were being more and more well behaved I decided to let them stay in the kitchen.
I returned about an hour later and our dogs had ripped our padded vinyl flooring all apart. I took a deep breath and calmly taped it back down. I didn't call Chris because I didn't want him to worry. Needless to say I did mention it two days later and he kinda freaked out. He came home and decided to spend the rest of his vacation putting in a new kitchen floor.
It was definitely nice to have Chris home we missed him to pieces. We actually had fun together putting in the new floor and the kids learned a lot.

C.J. learned about water and its many forms. While helping dad defrost the freezer, he saw how when ice warmed up it turned to a liquid.

C.J. also learned how to patch holes in the wall.

I love it when Chris and C.J. can do things together. This week I know the most important lessons C.J. learned were not the ones that were taught to him, but the one that was modeled before him. He saw how a wife and husband can work together on a project without yelling or tension, He saw how a father/husband took time to work on the house, thus providing for his family.

The most important lesson my son saw modeled before him was a father taking time to painstakingly and patiently help his son patch tiny trim nail holes. He saw how his father got on his hands and knees and explained a concept, he saw how his father just smiled when he accidentally got drywall mud on the wrong part. He saw how his father mirrored his self pride as the task was completed.

It's times like this I fall more and more in love with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment