Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Loving it!

Jasey and I are absolutely loving our Toddler time/ mommy and me class. This last Monday we sang Brother John in English and french, did the grandma and grandpa poem with hand gestures. My daughter favorite part was again, the musical instruments. This week we had a collection of clappers, triangles and bells. I love watching her get up and crowd the teacher (sorry Kate) just like the other kids. She happily grabs an instrument and shakes it in the way that babies do that shakes their whole little body. Then the class made guitars out of Styrofoam plate things and rubber bands. Then we ended the class dancing, she still wants me to hold her when we dance.
This week was her third class and she participated even more, left my side to go play before we started, and talked more. She still seems shy at times like when the class says good morning to her or does her name in the name game. Yet, on those mornings when I say 'are you ready for music class?" she gets excited and says "yes, play, play."
Below is the handout we got and the guitar she made.

No comments:

Post a Comment