Thursday, December 9, 2010

December

I do believe as I get older my life it gets busier. This year I believe will be one of the best Christmas's yet. My kids are at that age where they know what is going on. I love teaching them new things, and giving them new experiences.

I have stated before, that I want to teach my kids to love. Let me clarify, I want them to learn to genuinely love others. To love everyone, not just people they know. To love their world and community. I really do believe if everyone could live a life of love, we could abolish so many problems. I don't want my children to ever turn a blind eye to the suffering of another.

Plato says we should be kind "because everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" One kindness generates others, and from this virtuous contagion we all benefit in a way that helps us face up to our personal struggles.

Personally I know helping others makes me grateful for the life I have. It opens my eyes to what REAL suffering is. This year I have tried to make it a point to teach my children to give and care for others. I'm not going to go into them because this isn't about tallying your good deeds. However, I was made known of a very small charity that helps developmentally delayed people who are living their life in foster care ages 0-adult. These are people who have been forgotten, who through no fault of their own are pushed aside because they don't fit in societies "normal". Many won't get a single present. These are people who live here, in our town, in our community. Here is the information below.

Melissa English
Special Kids/Special Families
menglish@skscolorado.org
(719) 447-8983 Ext. 10

There are many other ways to help those around you, without going through an organization or spending a lot if any money. Friendship is one of the best gifts you can give and it doesn't cost a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment