Thursday, December 2, 2010

Baking bread



Above is a picture of my bread 'rising', yes I made home made bread. I mixed the ingredients, I kneaded it, with help from my little ones. It was a lot of work, but kinda fun, I really like trying new things.

My idea was to try and teach my kids thankfulness. I think I am the only one really thankful for store bought bread after this.


I learned a few things,

1) How thankful I am for store bought bread.
2) Homemade does taste much better.
3) It truly is a workout, great if you feel like punching someone.

My kids really enjoyed the kneading and punching part of baking bread.

3 comments:

  1. I love making my own bread, and as soon as this oven is fixed I am back on the wagon, and Yes a ton of work!! Just kneading the bread makes me extra thankful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use a bread pan or did you just bake it on a cookie sheet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious!
    I made beer bread this week, which I definitely recommend when you want a fresh loaf to go with a soup or something but don't have the time to wait for a rise or do too much kneading. Yours looks fluffy and amazing, and well worth all that, however!

    ReplyDelete