Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bliss

I awoke lazily snuggled in bed with all three of my babies. Sun steaming through the window, birds chirping joyously. My youngest nursing quietly, staring at me with large blue eyes. I had nothing pressing, and the day was promising. Jasey was peacefully sleeping her white blond hair strewn across the pillow her arm propped on her brother C.J. his peaceful face tucked towards her. I stare at his amazingly long eye lashes, his new haircut all messy with sleep. Alex reaches one chubby arm towards me, his idea of a hug while nursing. His eye lids drooping. I think for a minute all the things I could do, should do...  I stare at my babies my heart almost bursting with love, I snuggle down and close my eyes. The world can wait, because what in the world could be better then this?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, but that does sound like bliss! Has me daydreaming about the future, when I can wake up with both of my babies :)

    ReplyDelete