Sunday, June 24, 2012

Waldo Canyon Fire

There's a wildfire in Waldo Canyon, they have closed HWY 24, evacuated Cascade, Chipita Park, Green Mountain Falls and all of Manitou Springs.

Nothing like being faced with the possibility of having to pack up only the important things and evacuating, to really show you what matters and what doesn't.

I have never been one to focus heavily on material objects and I'm thankful. I have the important stuff ready to go if need be, but am not stressing out about leaving most of it behind. It's just stuff.

I honestly hate the panic and worry. I tend to feed off the emotions of others and I hate the way it makes me feel. Logically, I know we have full tanks of gas, clothes ready to go, money in the bank, tons of family to stay with. But, I worry about the unknown. it seems everyone you talk to has an "inside connection" and knows the REAL truth; which is always worse then what the news is saying.

What are we nervous about? Losing some stuff, that can be replaced? The inconvenience of evacuating? The Haymen, was bigger, the Haymen was closer , and we were just fine.

I pray that being faced with the possibility of losing everything, that people take the time to be grateful for what they have and realize what truly is important.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to know you're feeling fine through this so far. The unknowns are difficult, but it sounds like you're confident it will all work out just fine, no matter what happens with the fire. I'm sad to see that so many beautiful areas are up in smoke, but I suppose it's part of nature's cycle, too, and there will eventually be regrowth. I'll be thinking of you and your family and hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete