Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Banana bread



my kids love bananas, but we always ended up with a few overly ripe ones. So I began making banana bread. My kids love it and it freezes REALLY well. I don't have to waste my overly ripe banana's and we have a tasty healthy treat. I bake a lot actually and one of the biggest things I have noticed in difference to store bought items besides taste :) is the amount of salt used. In banana bread I use a pinch, in chocolate chip cookies I use 1/4 tsp. Many times one batch of B-bread makes two loafs and one batch of Choc chip cookies makes several dozen. I like to think this is healthier for my kids.

Other Healthy food choices we make have to do with cooking. I DO NOT use shortening. I DO NOT fry. I DO not buy pork (that's a personal one). I try to buy organic when ever possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment