Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Olive oil and green tea



We have started cooking our meat and whatever veggies in Extra virgin olive oil instead of vegetable oil. I all ready bought pure vegetable oil, so the nutritional value didn't really change, However, we did notice a big difference in taste. Especially in stir-fry's



I LOVE coffee. I have said many a times I am an emotional coffee drinker. I drink it when I'm sad, happy, tired, to celebrate, to curl up with a good book. I have a really hard time with moderation, that's why every time I'm pregnant I quit completely. Then I have a newborn and something about sleepless nights, make coffee sound like a gift from God.
I do realize how unhealthy this is and have started drinking green tea. We have even begun making ice tea out of green tea. Plus side is that my kids love drinking warm green tea with a little sugar on cold days. It has no caffeine and major antioxidant properties. I don't know how good it is for growing children so we do it in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment