Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Butter


So one of the healthier choices I have made this year is to use only REAL butter and not margarine. Besides me being able to pronounce every ingredient in the butter vs. the margarine. Here are a few health facts, that helped me make my decision.

1)Margarine is high in trans fatty acids

2)Margarine increases total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol).

3)Margarine lowers quality of breast milk.

4)Margarine decreases immune response.

5)Decreases insulin response.

No, it wasn't made to fatten turkey's and no it is not one molecule away from plastic. Many have said Butter help your body absorb other nutrients, I could not find this. However, the above reasons seem pretty good to me. What do you know Wal-mart carries a wal-mart brand of "REAL BUTTER"!!!

For us, we can tell a HUGE difference baking with it and eating it spread on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment