Saturday, March 5, 2011

Heaven

I made a post on facebook about something my 4 year old son said, this is what I posted.

"In my attempt to explain the greatness of Heaven to my 4 yr old I said, "It's like the greatest thing you can think of." He thinks for a moment and replies, "Oh, it's like McDonald's."

I was taken aback by the responses, both on my Wall and my Inbox. Yes, I am a believer. Yes, I believe in Heaven. I have never hidden this fact, but I am amazed at how many people feel the need to correct my beliefs or shoot me down for them. In a world where I feel we are being forced to accept anyone and everyone for anything and everything they do. Where we are being told to be open minded, non-judgmental, give it a chance, and so forth, I can't believe how so many of what I considered 'friends' can't do the same for me.

I would never hate my child for not doing what I feel is right. I may not like their discussions or agree with what they chose to do as they get older, but I will always LOVE my kids. But, like almost every other parent in the world, I feel the need to install moral and ethical values in my children about how they conduct themselves, and treat others.

I do not apologize for my beliefs. This is part of who I am.

My questions for other parents (not for debating) but out of curiosity. How is religion addressed in your home? What values do you wish to install in your children and how do you go about doing so?

No comments:

Post a Comment