Friday, November 5, 2010

Green

So I have many wonderful friends who are "Green" and just very amazing. I have to say I've been inspired. While we are far from "Green", we do a couple things and I find myself doing more. Thanks, to Brittany's blog "My Journey to Going Green" I remain inspired and receive a lot of great ideas.

1) We recycle cans.
2) We use all extra paper to start fires in our fire place.
3) We bought green light bulbs, that last longer and use less electricity.
4) I find my self reusing glass jars.
5) We save our old torn up jeans to cut squares out of them, and my Grandma makes these awesome Jean Quilts.
6) We use our fireplace in the winter.
7) My husband picks up trash on Rampart, to throw away.

I'll post more as I can think of them and as I start doing them. I'm glad my kids can see how we are caring about our environment.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this :) I need to hop back on my horse, I am getting there, I have a few more ideas I would love share! :)

    ReplyDelete